In November of 2004, MARC Wizard launched as a software product with step-by-step tools to keep a MARC database up to date through services to update common record errors, subject headings, award notes, reading programs, as well as a record source for finding new MARC records.
Please note that beginning on November 1, 2018, MARC Wizard will reach its end-of-life and the software and connected servers will stop functioning.
See our MARC Wizard sunsetting announcement for more information.
Download and Installation
Step 1: Download the Installation File
Most browsers automatically download files to a default location on your computer. Here are the default locations based on your operating system version:
- Windows 7/8: C:\Users\<username>\Downloads
- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Downloads
Some older versions of Internet Explorer prompt you and ask where you want to download the file.
Please note where you’ve chosen to save the file.
Step 2: Install MARC Wizard
- Navigate to MARCWizard.zip you’ve saved in Step 1 and unzip it by right-clicking and choosing Extract All… in Windows and following the instructions.
- Once unzipped, double-click Install_MARC_Wizard or Install_MARC_Wizard.exe. The MARC Wizard – InstallShield Wizard window appears.
- Follow the instruction and select Next.
- When the installation is complete, select Finish.