If you are unsure about these instructions, check the Spectrum documentation for assistance.
- Exporting records will create a copy of your database and will not interrupt your circulation.
- Changes to the records will be seen once you import the records back into your library automation system.
- Start Winnebago Spectrum CIRC/CAT.
- Click the Materials button and then click Export.
- If prompted, type your Material Export password in the window and then click OK.
The Material Export window appears.
- Under Export, select All Materials (in MARC File Order).
- Under Format, select USMARC/852 Holdings Data.
- Under Output File, click Browse….
- Navigate to the location on your computer that you would like the file saved, enter a name for the file (such as records.001), and click Save.
- Click the Export button.
- If you have exported records in the past, a message appears, asking whether you want to append or overwrite the log file. Click Append.
- Exporting begins. The progress of the export is tracked on the bottom of the Materials Export window. When the export is complete, an export summary appears, telling you how many records were exported. Click OK to close the window.
Once you have exported your records, do not add, change, or delete any records from your database until after your records have been updated and you have brought the updated records back into your database.
After you have finished making modifications to your records, make sure you follow the Update Existing instructions to get your records back into your automation system (not the Import New instructions).