If you are unsure about these instructions, check the OPALS documentation for assistance.
- Exporting records will create a copy of your database and will not interrupt your circulation.
- Changes to the records will be seen once you import the records back into your library automation system.
- Login to OPALS
- Select Items and choose Export
- Set Select export type to Entire database
- Click on Export.
- The export will take time. Periodically, refresh your browser to see the updated display.
- When the export process is complete, click on the link to download the records to your computer.
Once you have exported your records, do not add, change, or delete any records from your database until after your records have been updated and you have brought the updated records back into your database.
After you have finished making modifications to your records, make sure you follow the Update Existing instructions to get your records back into your automation system (not the Import New instructions).