If you are unsure about these instructions, check the Library World documentation for assistance.
- Exporting records will create a copy of your database and will not interrupt your circulation.
- Changes to the records will be seen once you import the records back into your library automation system.
- Start Library World
- Click the Sort icon at the top of the window
- Under Pick an index to sort by, select None and then click OK.
- In the Catalog window, hold down the Ctrl key and then select any one of the records. This will select all records.
- To make sure you selected all of the records, check the help text at the bottom of the Catalog window. The total number of records and the number of records selected should be the same.For example: Viewing records 1 through 16 of 11569, unsorted. There are 11569 records selected.
- On the File menu, point to Export, and then click MARC
The Export MARC Records to window appears
- Navigate to the location on your computer that you would like the file saved, enter a name for the file (such as records.001), and click Save.
- A window will appear, asking whether you want to translate tags when exporting. Click No Trans.
- The Export Copies Selection window appears. Under Copies Selection, click All, and then click OK.
- Exporting begins. The progress of the export is displayed on your screen. When exporting is complete, you see a summary window that tells you how many records were exported. Click OK to close the window.
Once you have exported your records, do not add, change, or delete any records from your database until after your records have been updated and you have brought the updated records back into your database.
After you have finished making modifications to your records, make sure you follow the Update Existing instructions to get your records back into your automation system (not the Import New instructions).