If you are unsure about these instructions, check the Follett Catalog Plus documentation for assistance.
- Exporting records will create a copy of your database and will not interrupt your circulation.
- Changes to the records will be seen once you import the records back into your library automation system.
- Start Follett Cataloging
- On the File menu, point to Export MARC 21/852 Holdings Format, and then click No Range
The Export MARC 21/852 Holdings Format window appears
- Under Export Brief/Full, select All Records
- Check Include Copy Information
- Make sure Delete Titles/Copies After Export is NOT checked
- Click Export. The Export window appears.
- Navigate to the location on your computer that you would like the file saved, enter a name for the file (such as records.001), and click Save.
- A window appears, showing the progress of the export.
When the export is complete, click Close.
Once you have exported your records, do not add, change, or delete any records from your database until after your records have been updated and you have brought the updated records back into your database.
After you have finished making modifications to your records, make sure you follow the Update Existing instructions to get your records back into your automation system (not the Import New instructions).