If you are unsure about these instructions, check the Athena documentation for assistance.
- Exporting records will create a copy of your database and will not interrupt your circulation.
- Changes to the records will be seen once you import the records back into your library automation system.
- Start Athena.
- Click the Cataloging tab.
- Click Export MARC Records. The Export MARC Records window appears.
- Make sure that the Active Collection is set correctly. If not, click Change Collection and select the correct collection.
- Under Select and Sort By, choose No Order.
- Under Export to File: click on the … button. The Select Export File Name window appears.
- Navigate to the location on your computer that you would like the file saved, enter a name for the file (such as records.001), and click Save.
- Click Export.Exporting begins, and the progress of the export is displayed in a window.
- When the export is complete, click OK.
Once you have exported your records, do not add, change, or delete any records from your database until after your records have been updated and you have brought the updated records back into your database.
After you have finished making modifications to your records, make sure you follow the Update Existing instructions to get your records back into your automation system (not the Import New instructions).