If you are unsure about these instructions, check Alexandria’s documentation or contact Mitinet for assistance.
Alexandria has different procedures for adding new records and updating existing records. If these are brand new records that are not already in Alexandria, follow the Import New instructions.
If your system is backed up regularly, you should not need to do an extra backup, but you need to make sure that you have access to the backup in case you need to start over.
Contact your IT department about how your system is backed up. If your system is not backed up regularly, see Alexandria’s documentation or contact COMPanion about the backup procedure.
- Open Alexandria to the Circulation window
- Click on Tools and choose Import
- Choose Special > Mitinet MARC Update in the Categories list
NOTE: There are no additional settings required for this Import. Alexandria will update and merge title and associated copy, circulation, history, and usage records as necessary based on instructions from Mitinet which are encoded into the data contained in the Import File. This Special Import is designed only for data enhancement files obtained from Mitinet.
- Click on Choose File
- Browse your computer for the data enhancement file of updated records you’d like to import and select it.
- Click Run to import the records